Sunday, August 9, 2009

Brisk Walking

We have a small reunion with my high school friend at Perks. It was an exultant meeting discussing the future reunion that we might consider bringing our children with us. We planned to play basketball and have some steak lunch, yummy! The conversation went well and the schedule was set to be on August 15. I am excited and longing for that reunion and hoping that the weather favors us.

It was late when I shut off, around 1am, and can not sleep well. I was bothered to what my friend discussed with me about the high blood pressure thing. I was not aware that the 130/90 HBP is in the limit for my age and I'm now willing to do extra exercise. It is not good to start directly on heavy exercise when you're overweight. You need to trim down on your fats to accommodate your knee capacity that might get injured doing jogging. Brisk walking is the best way to trim your heavy load of fat. It should be followed by monitoring your heart rate and maitaining the maximum heart rate(MHR). MHR can be computed by subtracting 220 to your age and can be done this way:

220 minus your age = maximum heart rate (MHR)

If you're 35 years old, you need to target the MHR of 185 beats per minute to achieve the purpose of brisk walking.

So I woke up early, having not enough sleep, rushed to wear my pair of walking shoes. I started with a slow pace and eventually get in to the brisk walk pace. It was windy that time so I haven't got enough sweat that I've wanted. But it is just right for me considering the long span of no exercise. I bought buko(young coconut) juice with me before heading home. Buko juice is good for your kidney and prevents UTI(Unrinary Tract Infection). My knees felt good and my muscles felt relax on that 3-km morning brisk walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Web Counters
online movie rentals