Thursday, August 20, 2009

Arowana

Having a pet in your lifetime gives you calmness and belongingness in this world, you could say proudly that you are still important to other living creatures. It all depends on what you are fund of, some like football, others love hockey, and read books all day long. The thing is, you must be happy on what you're doing even it will make your day busy even that you should have been resting.

I bought a fish on August 2, 2009 with my son, wife, mother and father-in-law. We stopped by a garden store, where they also sell different species of fish. Longing for having an arowana in the house, i bought one for P1,000 with a length of 8 inches. It was a silver one, cheaper than the golden, which I can only afford at the moment. I was so excited to drop it in our 30 gallon tank, but remembered that I need to let the bag float with the arowana for about 5 minutes before releasing it. It was quite amazing and exciting to see the fish swimming and exploring every corner of its new habitat. There was a gold fish in it but I discarded it due to its health condition. The goldfish was swimming like a seaweed without flapping its fins. I was quite cautious as to not affect the new occupant. A bag of guppies that I bought along were eager to transfer to their new home, a 2.5 gallon round aquarium. They were so crowded and biting each other to death, ouch! One pump was kept circulating to provide oxygen in the water.

Having few hours of sleep, with the excitement still inside of me, I got up early to see what happened with my fish. I saw dead guppies on the floor and thank God my arowana is still swimming gracefully. Picked up the dead guppies and drop some live one on the arowana tank. It then made a little swing near the guppy, looking for an opportunity, a rapid strike hit the guppy with precision and was the end of it all. Its big mouth swallowed the poor guppy 'til its death. Well, life is that fast for a guppy but a survival for my 1-thousand worth arowana.

This pet kept me motivated to make things possible, to achieve my dream that I can now afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Web Counters
online movie rentals