Friday, July 31, 2009

Basil Herbs with a Reward

I remembered few weeks back when I bought my basil herb. We were at Tagaytay market, stopped by the garden merchandise, and thought of buying the sweet fragrant leafy thing. It is about 6 inches tall, planted on a black plastic garden bag. The man handed it to me, I stared at it wondered where and when to use it. I have a slight idea that it is used in a classy cuisine, still have no idea on the first hand. Knowing that I could Google it, I bought it for P25, not so much of a great loss.

I came home at my house in Laguna, excited but tired, made a great look at the plant. Pierced a couple of leaf to smell its fragrance and held a few between my teeth. It taste a litte minty and bit hot on the tongue that might be good to mix with chicken or pork, I thought.

There are about five leaves hanging on my basil, I feel guilty of using them. Why not plant few stems and it might multiply? Hurried off and took pots from my garden and cut few stems, load and tap it with soil. I watered it right away to moisten.

Oh my, few weeks past, it grew bursting with leaves leaving no space for my flowering plants. The air smells so good with basil fragrance floating around my sala. It is quite rewarding with less expense indeed. I might as well try few other type and other herbs in my journey with my green thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Web Counters
online movie rentals